5. Listed Structures
Details of the three Grade 2 listed structures
Clockhouse at Porthgwidden
(including courtyard and kitchen garden walls)
Coach-house, stable block, grooms house, courtyard walls and garden walls. Circa 1855 and extended slightly twentieth century. Slatestone rubble with brick arches, quoins and jambs and granite sills. Dry Delabole slate roofs with projecting eaves and verges, pyramidal roof over coach-house surmounted by clock.
Central square double depth coach-house with flanking wings of stables to left (north) and grooms cottage to right with further wing at right angles to front right (west) and extended in similar style twentieth century.
Two‑storey coach-house has rounded-headed coach opening left and original transomed casement window to right in cambered arched opening. Other windows also original and in similar style with small panes. First floor of coach-house has central bay loading doorway with ledged door and dormered gable over. Clock has face to west and east, slate-hung sides, moulded wooden cornice, ramped lead roof surmounted by bellcote with open colonnade, cornice, dome and weather vane. Grooms cottage right has lateral stone stack with brick corners. Interior not inspected.
West entrance to courtyard has stone-piers, with plinths, brick corners and pyramidal granite caps with ball finials. Flanking rubble walls have granite copings. North entrance is through round-headed arch with hipped slate coping with wide eaves and exposed rafter ends. Slatestone rubble kitchen garden walls adjoining to east have similar copings.
Harcourt Old Farmhouse and garden wall with gate-piers
Farmhouse and garden wall with gate-piers to rear. Circa late eighteenth century and extended twentieth century. Slatestone rubble with slate-hung front over rubble base. Hipped plain tile roofs with brick chimneys over side walls.
Originally two-room central stair plan with rear service rooms within continuous integral outshut. Large rear lean‑to porch and twentieth‑century extension to north west with earlier outshut to rear.
Two storeys. Symmetrical three-window south west front with twentieth century two-window addition to left. Original part right, with central doorway has wider ground floor windows. Twentieth-century door and hornless sashes with glazing bars and concealed boxes. Twentieth-century two-window part is slate-hung and has hornless sashes with glazing bars.
Interior has circa 1970s floors and roof structure but retains original chimney breasts.
Rubble garden wall to rear enclosing courtyard has two pairs of gate-piers. Those to east, of rubble, surmounted by granite copings and ball finials.
Marble Head Quay
Quay. 1783. Vertically-set dry slatestone rubble walls with some granite quoins. Rectangular walled area with loading bays to each side. Walling is battered progressively more towards foundation. All loading bays blocked with verticallyset slatestone except one to north side of west wall.